Fork me on GitHub

Friday, December 12, 2008

Announcing FlashWatir and Silverlight-Selenium

Well two of my open source projects have gone live. I am really happy that I can bring them open and it will be useful to people who want to test applications with these RIA technologies. I have always been an advocate of testability and whenever a new glossy technology comes testability goes for a toss and this has been a concern to me for a long time. With these two projects I hope I have played a small part in bringing testability for flash and silverlight.

For those who want to use it flash-watir is available as a gem as well as source in SVN. Please visit the FlashWatir Google Code Project. Read the docs, play around with the source. If you have any questions or want to contribute, let me know.

Silverlight-Selenium is available as of now in Java (I know silverlight is .Net stuff :D but it won't take long to write it in other languages). Please visit the project Silverlight Selenium.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

I thank Paulo Caroli for helping me out in understanding flash testability. As well pairing with me for silverlight-selenium and showing how to do TestDriven Development :). Thanks for Jeya for pairing with me and setting up the silverlight ennvironment.

P.S. Work on silverlight extension for Watir in on the way.

9 comments:

Charley Baker said...

Sai, this is a great addition to Watir and Selenium. Thanks for your work on this. Another coup for testable code.

Sai said...

Thank you Charley... There is more to come :).

Patrick said...

Great stuff!

Patrick said...

By the way - any chance you'd like to get these additions in to the main Watir and Selenium projects eventually?

Sai said...

Thank you Patrick...
About adding these to the mainline, the reason I started them as extension is to keep mainline clean :). Not everyone who tests web application may need these. That's what I think... Let me know if you have a different thought.

Jagannath B. R. said...

Hi,
Is there a support for watir to test silverlight?

Sai Venkatakrishnan said...

Am still workin on it. I need sometime probably a weekend to wrap it up...

Katya Kameneva said...

Silverlight for Watir is what I'm relly waiting for. Will be gratefull if this happen ;)

Ray said...

Hi, was reading up on your post and think your work so far is great. I saw that you were implementing a silverlight watir and this would be very helpful for my tests. Is there any word on where that is?

Thanks